My Simplified Delivery List
After my second delivery, I have a better grasp on what to bring to my particular hospital. These are items I found useful but this is by no means a list for everyone as your list will vary based on where you choose to give birth and what is available. For instance, my hospital provides diapers, nipple balm, plain cloths that you wet with water as wipes, tucks pads, numbing spray, extra pads (not a full pack but a few) and we both received gowns (sleep sack and nursing gown featuring hospitals logo) as well as other goodies.
- Camera or Phone with chargers!!
- Comfy Gown
- Socks (to match gown)
- Supportive nursing bra
- Preferred pads (hospital pads are huge and don’t have wings)
- Toothbrush & toothpaste (later discovered hospital had this too…)
- Skincare (facial wipes and moisturizer)
- Makeup (tinted moisturizer, chapstick and brow pencil)
- Hair supplies or protective hairstyle (thankfully went to get hair braided day before so only needed a head scarf!)
- Going home outfit for myself and baby
- Additional: snacks for your support person, medical card/ insurance, book/ tablet/ something to keep you occupied if you’re there for a while, nurses gifts (if applicable)
I’ll probably do a video at some point but this was my quick list. I hope someone finds this condensed list helpful!