I like things that go but my son loves them! As soon as I found out Monster Jam was coming to our city, I knew we had to go. Thanks to Blippi via YouTube he knows all about monster trucks especially Grave Digger. So I knew this would be a great surprise especially since he’d been keeping his room clean and being a great big brother.
Once the day came, I casually mentioned to him that we had a surprise for him later on in the day. He was curious but quickly let it go because toddler… Soon it was nap time and I finally told him so he could rest before his late night. This didn’t work and tears followed. After he finally calmed down, he passed out. By the time we woke him up, it was time to go.
We prepaid for parking so we were walking to the place along with lots of other excited kids. There were a few rowdy young adults but they didn’t bother anyone just generally loud and possibly intoxicated. Upon walking inside, the crowds were packed around every booth that was setup with merchandise and food. Our seats were way at the top but I didn’t mind as the view was better and seats were affordable. Below are a few moments he is still talking about so I felt the need to include them. I will also post clips on my YouTube channel but be warned they were shot on my mobile as professional equipment or any type of decent camera setup were prohibited.
- Bring noise cancelling headphones
- no matter how high up you are it is loud…
- Be prepared to wait in long lines if you buy merchandise after the show
- buy early if possible to avoid lines and to ensure you get what you want
- get your bubble skull when you see them because they WILL run out
- Make sure your little one is prepared for the down time
- he loved seeing the construction type vehicles but if your kid isn’t in to that then make sure they have snacks or something during that time
- FYI for sensitive groups; the fuel smell is very obvious and could be worse depending on how close you are
- Duration 2-2.5hrs
- make sure your kid wants to sit that long
- my son was okay but he was more focused on the candy and started playing with the earplugs towards the end
- if your child doesn’t want to sit that long but would love it, definitely buy the cheap tickets so if you leave early it won’t feel like a waste
Final thoughts: The prices were on par for a special event but the small toy monster trucks seemed very affordable ($10/ truck). I would like to thank the mom next to me for letting me have her new earplugs as I forgot to bring the pair I had. She didn’t hesitate or make any judgmental faces; she just leaned over asked if he’d use them and handed them over ❤ Due to this act of kindness, I’ll bring a spare pair to the next event I go to. Well feel free to ask me any questions as I did enjoy the event and so did my son and husband!